For accessing the Permanent Driving License, you must have a valid for Learner’s License and must apply after 30 days and in between 180 days of the Learners Licence (LLR). You should be experienced in the Vehicle Systems, driving, traffic rules and regulations. You have to bring your vehicle to the driving test. After passing the vehicle test then your Permanent Driving License will issue. This is the process to apply for Meghalaya Permanent Driving Licence
Eligibility for Meghalaya Permanent Driving Licence
- You should have a Learners License
- 16 years of age is eligible to get a driving license Vehicle without Gear – not Exceeding 50 cubic centimeter (cc).
- 18 years of age is eligible to get a driving license Vehicle with Gear and Light Motor Vehicle
- 20 years of age is eligible to get a driving license for Transport Vehicle if it has one year
Meghalaya Permanent Driving Licence through Online
You have to apply for Driving License in Meghalaya through online as the following process is given below
- You can visit the https://parivahan.gov.in/ of Meghalaya and click on it
- On this page, click on Apply Online – New Driving License option
- Select the appropriate option ‘holding Learners License’.
- Enter the Learners Licence Number and Date of Birth then click on ‘Ok’ button
- Next page will be displayed when you can fill all the relevant information such as name, mobile number, blood group, address, date of birth and more
- Once you have filled all the related information and upload the document then click on submit the form.
- Your application will be verified then you will receive an acknowledgment of an application number.
- Finally, you pass the test then a copy of driving license will send to the registered residence address through courier
Procedure for Meghalaya Permanent Driving Licence Through Offline
You have to apply for Driving License in Meghalaya through offline as the following process is given below
- You must have a valid for Learner’s License then applying for a Permanent Driving License.
- Go to the nearest Regional Transport Office (RTO) in Meghalaya.
- In RTO office, you can collect the ‘New Driving License’ Application Form.
- You have to fill the information and submitting the required documents.
- Once your application will verify and processed then you will receive an acknowledgment. If you are eligible, they will contact you
- You have received for eligibility confirmation and can visit the RTO with your original documents for the driving test.
- You pass the test then a copy of Driving Licence will send to the registered address by courier.
- In the case of failure in the first attempt of the driving test then the candidate is eligible to appear for the second appearance.
- It is an only minimum period of seven days from the date of the first appearance.
Required Documents for Meghalaya Permanent Driving Licence
- Application Form 4
- Valid Learners Licence (LLR) held by the relevant class that is older than 30 days
- Passport Size photographs – 3
- Address Proof – Ration Card, Voter ID Card, Passport, Life Insurance Policy at least 6 months old
- Age Proof – Birth Certificate, Education Certificate, Employee Certificate for working with the Local or State or Central Government Identity Card.
Fees Details for Meghalaya Permanent Driving Licence
Driving License for Single Class Vehicle (Motorcycle, Car) – Rs.200/-