Presently, lots of people having a drunk and drive case and this may cause deaths and injuries on the roads. So many countries have introduced the rules to decrease the number of accidents that caused because of driving under the influence. Here you know about the Drunk and Driving Rules in India.
These are the main reasons to reduce the ability to drive a vehicle. And the reasons are injury, natural aging, fatigue, infirmity and consumption of alcohol or drug. Science has proved that alcohol consumption is reducing the driving ability so that it may cause the accidents. So guys don’t mix the drink and drive
Driving under the influence of alcohol is a punishable section of 185 MVA 88. The main concentration of higher alcohol in the blood is a loss of driving ability.
Drunk and Driving Rules in India
Now, under the section 185 is the Vehicle Act as
- Next, under the influence of a drug to an extent as incapable of exercising appropriate control over the vehicle should punishable.
- Under the first offense, charged with the fine up to Rs. 2000 and imprisonment for six months.
- The second or subsequent offense, if committed within three years of the first offense then the fine of Rs. 3000 and imprisonment up to two years.
- The punishment of driving while drunk that may depend on the level of alcohol in the blood. The level of blood alcohol exceeding 30mg per 100ml of blood detected in the test by a breath analyzer.
- If the level of alcohol in between 30 to 60 mg per 100ml of blood then the punishment of fine Rs. 2000 and imprisonment up to 6months.
- If the level of alcohol in between 60 to 150 mg per 100ml of blood, the punishment of imprisonment of charge Rs. 4000 for one year.
- If the level of alcohol above 150 mg per 100ml of blood then the punishment of imprisoned charge for Rs. 5000 up to 2 years.
- If the same people will repeat the offense within 3 years of the first offense then the charge Rs. 10000 will be charged and will warrant a jail penalty also license will cancel.
What is Breath Test?
The Breath Test implement by the central government approved the device. It indicated the presence of alcohol to test in a person’s blood. Then the test will carry out by a person blowing into the device once or twice or multiple times
These are the traffic police Drunk and Driving Rules in India. These rules are implemented for the citizens safety. So don’t mix drink and drive.