Anywhere in India Driving license is the most important document for the drivers. Why because you can get your driving license after completing so many tests based on traffic rules and signals. If the driver is not comfortable while driving then, not only a danger to himself/herself but also the general public. So that the traffic police are strict at the time of checking the driver documents. This article give the details about Delhi Permanent Driving Licence
Eligibility for Delhi Permanent Driving Licence
- The applicant has at least 18 years to get driving license
- You have at least 16 years to drive a vehicle without gear
- For the commercial vehicles, you want to have 20 years and minimum 8th pass qualification
- General office timings: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- For Public: 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Required Documents for Delhi Permanent Driving Licence
- Proof of citizenship
- One latest passport size photo
- A valid Learner license, that permits you to learn driving on the road or ground
- Your original Driving license (authorization of categories)
- A driving certificate Form5 and 14 which is issued by motor driving training school (if you have)
Fee details: Permanent driving license – Rs 400
Process Applying for Delhi Permanent Driving Licence Through Online
- Go to the RTO Delhi official website http://www.delhi.gov.in/
- On the right side of page click on the “Issue of new driving license” option
- Then enter your mobile number and OTP. Click on the submit button.
- Next, select the Zonal office and which date you want to appoint. You can also select the slots as per your timings.
- While booking the date for an appointment then the calendar will display in different colors. Here Green color slots mention that available dates, Red means slots are not available and brown color means holiday.
- Then enter the valid information like your learner’s license number, gender, validity date, applicant name, email id, Date of birth, vehicle category details, amount etc. And click on the Next button
- After, submitting appointment details then the reference number will display, note down
- Make your payment through the net banking. Then take the printout of the appointment form
- And visit the Zonal office with the required documents verification.
- Then, you have to give the driving license test. After that, you can get your driving license within 24 hours via speed post for present residency
Apply for Delhi Permanent Driving Licence Through Offline:
- Just visit the nearest Zonal office and fill form4 along with the required documents.
- After documents verification, a driving test will be conducted on your to test your driving skills.
- Once the test is successfully qualified than your photo, finger impression is taken.
- On the same day, you can get your driving license via post.