Driving license is an important document for those want to drive their vehicles on public roads. This license is issued by the district transport officer of your area. Without driving license you can’t dive your motor vehicle in public places. At first, you have to apply for Learners license after that you can get the permanent driving license in Assam. Here is the applying process for Assam Learners Driving Licence
Eligibility for Assam Learners Driving Licence
- The applicant should complete 16 years to drive motor vehicle without gear and engine capacity not more than 50cc
- Candidate should complete 18 years to drive the private motor vehicle with gear
- The applicant should complete 20 years to drive the transport vehicle
Required Documents for Assam Learners Driving Licence
- Application Form No 2
- Address proof: Pay slips issued by the Central or State government, Ration card, Voter ID card
- Age proof: School certificate, Birth certificate, also Passport
- 3 recent Passport size photographs
- Form 1 A Medical certificate
- Rs 150 – Learners license for each class (Car or Motor vehicle)
- Rs 150 – Repeat test for each class vehicles
Validity for Assam Learners Driving Licence
Learners license is valid up to 6 months.
How to Apply Assam Learners Driving Licence through Online:
- Visit official website link https://parivahan.gov.in/
- In display home page left side click on the “Apply Online” option
- On that list, Select the “New Learners license” option, after that Instruction for application submission page will open
- Read the instructions once and click on the Continue button
- If you are applying the first time then select “I don’t have any license” option and click on the Submit button
- The form will open and enter the correct details and select the state as Assam.
- The * mark indicates mandatory fields to fill and click on the Submit Then the popup appears on your screen and click on the OK button
- After that you can get an acknowledgment with the application number and also SMS will send to your registered mobile number. Keep safe this application number, it will use for the future reference.
- You can take the printout of this acknowledgment. Then click on the Next button
- At the bottom of the page, there is the list of stages to complete for Learners license
- In that list, you can easily know the pending stages. And the next stage is uploading your documents.
- You have to book slot for driving test at RTO office as per your possible date and time
- You have to pay the fee through net banking for Learners license and this is the last stage to complete.
- Then you want to know your application status. Then click on the “Apply Online” option and in that select the application status
- Enter your application number, date of birth and select submit button
- Then you can get the present application status on your screen
How to Apply Assam Learners Driving Licence through Offline:
- Visit the nearest RTO office and then collect the new learner’s license at RTO office
- Fill the form carefully and pay the fee for Learners license and submit to RTO officer along with the required documents
- After verifying submitted documents RTO officer will conduct the driving test
- He will check your driving skills carefully and you can complete your driving test successfully then get your learners license through the post for your address